Given the rapid advancements in financial technology, Executives require a sound understanding of FinTech challenges and the gap between innovators and regulators regarding FinTech and business models.
In order to support the needs of learners in China, Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS) is now offering the Fintech and Regulatory Innovation Program, powered by the Cambridge Center for Alternative Finance of Cambridge University (CCAF).
Developed through research conducted globally, the program develops leaders of the FinTech ecosystem, from central bank and securities agency regulators to top executives from financial institutions and corporations alike. Leveraging technology, the program is delivered virtually, with both live and self-paced sessions. Over the course of the eight-week program, learners should expect five to six hours of learning per week with a combination of lectures, group interaction, exercises, readings and videos. The program culminates with a group project, under the supervision of academic and professional tutors.
Whether you are a first year postgraduate, nearing the completion of your PhD, or working in FinTech or regulatory innovation and have a passion for teaching and sharing experience, ZIBS is offering you the chance to contribute your expertise and expand your network with selected participants for the FinTech and Regulatory Innovation Program. You will be trained by experts from ZIBS and CCAF. You will apply the knowledge learnt through our training and also your FinTech expertise to provide participants with all the necessary information and answer students’ questions, helping them maximize on-the-job impact of the program.
The ideal candidate will be required to contribute between 20-25 hours to the
programme during the 8-week delivery. Successful candidates do not need to be based in China and will work remotely online along with other tutors and the program's core team, including experts from ZIBS and CCAF to gain valuable industry experience and skills.
What does it involve?
Some examples of the work you may be involved with include:
- Tutors will facilitate a group of up to 20 students and lead the discussion in a weekly office hour within their area of expertise and will take place once per week for one hour (8 sessions in total).
- Tutors will facilitate discussions in the tutor groups on the forums, which are all on the e-learning website.
- Tutors will provide detailed feedback to participants on their proposal presentations.
- Tutors will encourage participants to give verbal peer feedback during presentation week.
What experience and skills do I need?
- Experience in FinTech and/or regulatory innovation.
- Direct experience of working with/for a financial regulator/central bank/relevant authority ideally in a FinTech unit or function (e.g. innovation office/regulatory sandbox) would be beneficial.
- Experience in the moderation of groups.
- Self-confident, communicative and fluent in both Mandarin and English.
- Effective organisational and project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Fast learner with intellectual curiosity.
- Self motivated.
- Team player.
- Selected candidates will be paid around 10,000 RMB per tutor depending on skills, degree and experiences.
- You will work with FinTech experts from the ZIBS ecosystem as well as selected other tutors.
- You will connect with selected partipants of the FinTech and Regulatory Innovation Program.
- You will participate the FinTech and Regulatory Innovation Program, powered by Cambridge Center for Alternative Finance of Cambridge University.