Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS) is opened for its bachelor admissions for international students! ZIBS is officially launched on 15th November 2018, and nearly half of our students are from international backgrounds, which spans across 50+ nations. The Global Communication and Management Program (GCM) offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication for internationals，enrolling students from 2020. The program may be completed in four years of study.
Adhering to the long-standing international teaching philosophy of Zhejiang University, the GCM program is committed to training entrepreneurs and future business leaders who combine interdisciplinary knowledge, expertise in financial and business analysis, and a deep understanding of China's business environment to excel in China and compete globally. Students will graduate with bilingual proficiency in Chinese and English, cross-cultural communication skills and a solid foundation of knowledge about China. Equipped with the fundamentals of communication and management, students will be able to succeed in multinational corporations and Chinese enterprises in the fields of management, business, communications and marketing and will be well-equipped to serve as a bridge between China and the world.
1. General requirements
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with proper moral conduct, in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study. Applicants must be valid foreign passport holders and have graduated from high school (Graduating high school students can provide pre-graduation certificates first, then provide the graduation certificates no later than registration) and be under the age of 25.
2. Requirements on nationality
Requirements of the regulations set in the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met.
2.1 Applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens, must become foreign citizens before April 30, 2018, and must have lived abroad more than 2 years from April 30, 2018 to April 30, 2022 (more than 9 months of residence abroad per year can be considered as one year, taking entry and exit stamps as evidence).
2.2 If the applicant has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country, whose parents are both Chinese citizens, or one of the parents is a Chinese citizen, parent’s (with Chinese citizenship) permanent resident in foreign country should be obtained prior to the birth of the applicant. Applicants must have lived abroad more than 2 years from April 30, 2018 to April 30, 2022(more than 9 months of residence abroad per year can be considered as one year, taking entry and exit stamps as evidence).
3. Language proficiency requirements
If applicants’ native language is not English, they should provide score report of English language test.
English Language Entry Requirements：TOEFL (minimum 80), IELTS (minimum 5.5 in all skills) or other proof of proficiency.
TOEFL DI Code of Zhejiang University is C340. TOEFL MyBest score is accepted.
II. Application Duration
From now on to June 15, 2022.
Notes: the new deadline has been extended from the original 28th February 2022 to 15th June 2022.
III. Application Fee and Tuition
1. Application Fee: RMB 800 yuan (non-refundable)
2. Tuition: RMB 65, 000 Yuan/Year
3.Way of Payment: Applicants are recommended to make the payment for application fee and tuition fee via Online Application System
|Name of the Bank：||Bank of China, Hangzhou, Zheda Sub-Branch|
|Address：||No. 28, Qiushi Road, Hangzhou, China 310013|
IV. Documents for Application
Applicants must log in to the Online Application System for International Students of Zhejiang University, fill in clearly and upload completely the original or notarized scanned copies of the following materials as required.
1. A photocopy of the passport.
2. Senior high school diploma. Graduating high school students can provide pre-graduation certificate. The original or notarized copy of the high school graduation certificate must be submitted upon registration.
3. Transcript for all the courses in senior high school.
4. Language proficiency certificates. Grade report of TOEFL or IELTS test, or other proof which can reflect the applicants’ English proficiency. (Not required for English native speakers)
5. Two recommendation letters from high school teachers. Teachers’ signature, contact phone number and email address must put on the letter.
6. Personal statement, should include study experience, reasons for application, personal strengths. Less than 800 words.
7. Award-winning Certificates related to academic courses during your senior high school period. (If applicable)
8. Applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens should submit (1) cancellation certificate of Chinese citizenship (2) current citizenship certificate (3) Exit and Entry Record on passport, from April 30, 2018 to April 30, 2022.
9. Applicant who has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country, whose parents are both Chinese citizens, or one of the parents is a Chinese citizen should submit(1) Birth certificate of foreign country. (2) Chinese parents’ permanent resident certificate of foreign country should be obtained prior to the birth of the applicant. (3) Exit and Entry Record on passport, from April 30, 2018 to April 30, 2022.
10. Applicants under the age of 18 (by September 1st, 2022) should submit (1) Letter of Guardian Guarantee（LETTER OF GUARANTEE）and the guardian must be an adult living in Hangzhou. (2) A notarized copy of the Guardianship Authorization from the applicant’ s parents.
1. Results of international standard tests (e.g. SAT/IB/GCE A-LEVEL/ACT/STPM/GED/UEC/OTHER) or university entrance exams of applicant’s country are accepted. It is strongly recommended to provide the student’s relative ranking or the percentile in the school if the applicant could only submit the test scores from the school.
2. The above application materials must be in Chinese or English, and notarized copies of translations must be provided for texts in other languages.
3. Please do NOT post the hard copies of the application materials or send them by email. Application materials sent by post or email will NOT be reviewed and processed.
4. Zhejiang University may ask the applicants to submit supplementary materials or take a video interview if necessary.
V. Selection Process, Admissions and Notification
1. Students are enrolled on the basis of competitive selection according to their academic performance in senior high school, language proficiency and performance in the interview. The university will determine the name list of preliminary admission in different batches according to the application received. Applicants can also log on the Online Application System to track the admission process.
2. Applicants who receive the Pre-Admission Notice should prepay the first year tuition fee on the Online Application System within the specific time period stated on the Notice. If the applicant is not able to make the online payment due to certain reason, then one MUST pay the tuition fee to the University’s Bank Account, and upload the remittance letter to the System. The pre-admission will be canceled if applicants fail to prepay the first year tuition fee within the stated time period.
3. The official Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202 Form) and other relevant admission documents will be mailed to enrolled applicants once the prepaid tuition fee is confirmed to be received and the University Calendar is released.
1. When wiring tuition fee to the university bank account, you must fill in the application serial number, applicant’s name.
2. The university would only reserve study places for students who have paid the tuition for the first academic year in advance. If students later, for personal reasons, give up schooling or apply for withdrawal procedures after registration, resulting in a vacancy in the school’s enrollment, prepaid tuition fees for the first academic year will NOT be refunded.
3. For the admitted students who are disqualified by the university as they fail to meet the school’s registration requirements, the prepaid tuition fee will NOT be refunded.
1. Admitted applicants should register with the university strictly according to the time specified in the admission notice. The original graduation certificate and original English proficiency certificate will be checked upon registration. Those who fail to provide the original copies will be disqualified for the enrollment.
2. Undergraduate programs of Zhejiang University usually start from late August or early September every year. For exact registration dates, please refer to the Admission Notice.
VII.ZIBS Undergraduate Entrance Scholarship (RMB 5,000-30,000 Yuan)
The ZIBS Undergraduate Entrance Scholarship is established to reward individuals with outstanding potentials. It is opened to GCM applicants. The scholarship will be paid to students monthly as a living allowance, starting one month after the student registration period. The scholarship will be disbursed over the period of one school year (10 months). Students are, however, required to pay the tuition in full upon registration.
Applicants should fill in the attached scholarship application form below and send to the Undergraduate Program Team (email@example.com).
The scholarship offer will be determined based on applicants’ transcripts in senior high school, interview performance and potential contributions.
☆You are recommended to use the Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill in the PDF.
VIII. Medical Insurance
Fee: 800 RMB yuan/academic year
According to the regulations of Ministry of Education, international students who come to our school to study for one semester or longer must purchase comprehensive medical insurance in mainland of China as a necessary requirement for their registration for the new semester.
Students who fail to purchase the comprehensive medical insurance which meet certain requirements will NOT be registered by the university.
Information related to purchasing insurance will be notified in detail before registration. The admitted students should handle insurance affairs strictly according to the instructions on the notice.
Note: The medical treatment expense for physical or mental diseases which students suffered before coming to China can NOT be covered by this insurance.
Tel: +86 571 87572610 / 87572607
Website: http://zibs.intl.zju.edu.cn/eng/gcmbrochure download