2021 iMF International Admissions Guide
The Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS) Master of Finance (iMF) is dedicated to developing leaders with global vision, industry skills and impeccable professionalism. Students will master principles of finance and information analysis, learn to skillfully apply financial theories to real-world settings, become deeply knowledgeable in cutting-edge industry trends in China and abroad, and develop strong entrepreneurial and innovation skills. Graduates will be equipped to excel in the finance and technology industries and in government and become globally competitive practitioners of finance.
IN PURSUIT OF ACADEMIC SUCCESS
—— Curriculum ——
• Chinese Language
• China Survey
• Financial Theory and Policy
• Economic Analysis and Application
• Corporate Finance
• Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Modern Financial Markets and International Practices of Financial Innovation
• Python Programming
• Applied Financial Econometrics
• Blockchain and Digital Currency
• Financial Derivatives
• Quantitative Trading and Algorithmic Trading
• Asset Pricing and Risk Management
* Please be noted that the curriculum is subject to change.
ACHIEVE YOUR PERSONAL GROWTH
FINTECH THOUGHT LEADERS WEBINAR SERIES
FinTech Thought Leaders Webinar Series brings together industry leaders, academics, and regulators from around the world with the purpose to build a cutting-edge, multidisciplinary and collaborative knowledge hub and to critically examine the evolution of this rapidly maturing industry,including:
• FinTech Webinar
• Fintech Webinar-Belt & Road Series
• FinTech Online Workshop
• Meet the Author Series
Prof.Robert Aumann - 2005 Nobel Laureate in Economics
Prof.Hermann Simon - The Most Influential Management Thinkers in German-Speaking Countries 2005-2008
WHAT iMFers SAY ABOUT iMF
iMF is the best decision I've ever made. It changed my perspective of life and work and even if I am not physically there, the courses are well made and it gives me fundamental knowledge and prepares me better for greater horizons in the financial sector. It helped me to understand what type of leader I want to be and what impact I should leave.
The iMF teachers have been giving us insightful lessons that incorporate theory and practice which have a close eye on current trends and news and this has been important in equipping us with the relevant skills we will need in the job market. I have really been enjoying my stay here with a countless amount of resources at my disposal and it has really been nice knowing that there is always someone readily available to help you if you need help.
The main advantage of this program is that in addition to providing students with basic skills to be competitive in the financial services sector: applied economics, quantitative finance, python, it also offers us the opportunity to specialize in Fintech area where expertise is currently in high demand. Personally, I am passionate for the way programming and quantitative methods can be applied to analysis and problem solving in finance.
2021 INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS
• Candidates must be non-Chinese citizens and hold an undergraduate degree or above.
• Candidates whose native language is not English, must provide proof of English proficiency, such as TOEFL (90 or higher), IELTS (6.5 or higher).
TOEFL DI Code of Zhejiang University: C340. TOEFL MyBest score is accepted.
• No Chinese language proficiency is required for the program.
1. Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University online application system (http://isinfosys.zju.edu.cn/recruit/login.shtml)
2. A photocopy of passport.
3. Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies.
4. Academic transcripts during Bachelor’s degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies.
5. Photocopies of English language proficiency certificates.
6. Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide GRE, NTS-GAT test scores.
7. Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
8. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
Please be kindly noted that:
* Incomplete application materials or the application submitted by email will NOT be processed.
* Additional documents may be required when necessary.
* There is NO need for the delivery of hard copies of the application materials. Hard copies of the application materials will NOT be reviewed and further processed.
Deadline & Timeline
Fees & Financing
Application Fee: RMB 800 (Non-refundable)
Tuition Fee: RMB 74,000/Year
All new students are eligible to apply for:
• ZIBS First Year Scholarship
• Chinese Government Scholarship
• Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship
• Zhejiang University Scholarship
Zhejiang University International Business School
Application Guide for Master’s Degree Programs 2021
Zhejiang University Application & Admission System for International Student
Payment Method & Information
iMF Program Team
Tel.: +86 571-8757 2606