Application Guide for Global Communication and Management Program 2021
I. Application Qualification
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with proper moral conduct, in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study, have graduated from high school (Graduating high school students can provide pre-graduation certificates first, then provide the graduation certificates no later than registration) and be under the age of 25.
2. Requirements of the regulations set in the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met：
2.1 Applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens, must become foreign citizens before April 30,2017, and must have lived abroad more than 2 years from April 30,2017 to April 30,2021 (more than 9 months of residence abroad per year can be considered as one year).
2.2 If the applicant has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country, whose parents are both Chinese citizens, or one of the parents is a Chinese citizen, parent’s (with Chinese citizenship) permanent resident in foreign country should be obtained prior to the birth of the applicant. Applicants must have lived abroad more than 2 years from April 30,2017 to April 30,2021 (more than 9 months of residence abroad per year can be considered as one year).
3. Language proficiency requirements
Candidates whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency, such as TOEFL (80 or higher), IELTS (5.5 or higher) or other proof of proficiency.
TOEFL DI Code of Zhejiang University is C340. TOEFL MyBest score is accepted.
II. Application Duration
From now on to April 30, 2021.
III. Application Fee and Tuition
1. Application Fee: RMB 800 yuan (non-refundable)
2. Tuition: RMB 65, 000 Yuan/Year
IV. Documents for Application
Applicants must log in to the International Student Application & Admission System of Zhejiang University, clearly fill in and completely upload the following materials as required.
1. A photocopy of the passport.
2. Senior high school diploma (original copy or notarized copy). Graduating high school students can provide pre-graduation certificate.
3. Transcript for all the courses in senior high school (original copy or notarized copy);
4. TOEFL/IELTS or other score reports of English language test (for English-taught program applicants, whose native language is not English).
5. Two recommendation letters from high school teachers. Teachers’ signature, contact phone number and email address must put on the letter.
6. Personal statement, should include study experience, reasons for application, personal strengths. Less than 800 words.
7. Award-winning Certificates related to academic courses during your senior high school period. (If any)
8. Applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens should submit (1) cancellation certificate of Chinese citizenship (2) current citizenship certificate (3) Exit and Entry Record on passport, from April 30th,2017 to April 30th, 2021.
9. Applicant who has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country, whose parents are both Chinese citizens, or one of the parents is a Chinese citizen should submit (1) birth certificate of foreign country (2) Chinese parents’ permanent resident certificate of foreign country. (3) Exit and Entry Record on passport, from April 30th, 2017 to April 30th, 2021.
10. Applicants under the age of 18 (by September 1st,2021) should submit (1) Letter of Guardian Guarantee（LETTER OF GUARANTEE）and the guardian must be an adult living in Hangzhou (2) A notarized copy of the Guardianship Authorization from the applicant’ s parents.
1. Results of international standard tests (e.g. SAT/IB/GCE A-LEVEL/ACT/STPM/GED/UEC/OTHER) or university entrance exams of applicant’s country are accepted. It is strongly recommended to provide the student’s relative ranking or the percentile in the school if the applicant could only submit the test scores from the school.
2. Application documents in other languages must be translated in Chinese or English and notarized.
3. Please do NOT deliver the hard copies of the application materials or submit applications via email. Hard copies of the application materials and applications submitted by email will NOT be reviewed and further processed.
4. Zhejiang University may ask the applicants to submit supplementary materials or take a telephone/video interview if necessary.
V. Selection Process and Dates for Announcing Admission Results
1. Students are enrolled on the basis of competitive selection according to their academic performance in senior high school, language proficiency and performance in the interview. The university will determine the name list of preliminary admission in different batches according to the application received. Applicants can also log on the Online Application & Admission System to track the admission process.
2. The applicants who received the Pre-Admission Notice should prepay the first year tuition fee on the Online Application System within the specific time stated on the Notice. If the applicant is not able to make the online payment due to certain reason, then one MUST pay the tuition fee to the University’s Bank Account, and upload the remittance letter to the System. The pre-admission will be canceled if applicants fail to prepay the first year tuition fee within the stated time period.
3. The official Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202 Form) and other relevant admission documents will be mailed to enrolled applicants once the prepaid tuition fee is confirmed to be received and the University Calendar is released.
1. When wiring tuition fee to the university bank account, you must fill in the application serial number, applicant’s name.
2. The university would only reserve study places for students who have paid the tuition for the first academic year in advance. If students later, for personal reasons, give up schooling or apply for withdrawal procedures after registration, resulting in a vacancy in the school’s enrollment, prepaid tuition fees for the first academic year will NOT be refunded.
3. For the admitted students who are disqualified by the university as they fail to meet the school’s registration requirements, the prepaid tuition fee will NOT be refunded.
1. Admitted applicants should strictly follow the register time in the admission notice. Admitted applicants who submitted pre-graduation certificates or photo copies of language proficiency certificates, are required to provide the original copies of graduation certificates or original copies of language proficiency certificates; those who fail to provide the original copies will be disqualified for the enrolment.
2. Undergraduate programs of Zhejiang University usually start from late August or early September every year. For exact registration dates, please refer to the Admission Notice.
VII. ZIBS Undergraduate Entrance Scholarship (RMB 10,000-30,000 Yuan)
The ZIBS Undergraduate Entrance Scholarship is established to reward individuals with outstanding potentials. It is opened to GCM applicants. The scholarship will be paid to students monthly as a living allowance, starting one month after the student registration period. The scholarship will be disbursed over the period of one school year (10 months). Students are, however, required to pay the tuition in full upon registration.
Applicants should fill in the attached scholarship application form below and send to the Undergraduate Program Team(firstname.lastname@example.org).
The scholarship offer will be determined based on applicants’ transcripts in senior high school, interview performance and potential contributions. The result will be announced during mid-June.
☆You are recommended to use the Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill in the PDF.
VIII. Medical Insurance
Fee: 800 RMB yuan/academic year
According to the regulations of Ministry of Education, international students who come to our school to study for one semester or longer must purchase comprehensive medical insurance in mainland of China as a necessary requirement for their registration for the new semester.
Students who fail to purchase the comprehensive medical insurance which meet certain requirements will NOT be registered by the university.
Information related to purchasing insurance will be notified in detail before registration. The admitted students should handle insurance affairs strictly according to the instructions on the notice.
Note: The medical treatment expense for physical or mental diseases which students suffered before coming to China can NOT be covered by this insurance.
Tel: +86 571 87572607