Application Guide for iMCB 2021
Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS) offers the International Master of Communication and Business Program, enrolling students from 2021. The length of the full-time program is 2 years. The degree of Master of Arts (MA) in Communication will be conferred upon completion.
Created in collaboration with Zhejiang University College of Media and International Culture and building on the longstanding international teaching philosophy of Zhejiang University, iMCB is an interdisciplinary program committed to training leaders who combine global vision, intercultural competence and understanding of China to position themselves as globally-competitive China business experts. Through this program students will develop Chinese language abilities, intercultural communication competence, research and analysis skills and practical experience in business and management. Graduates will be well-equipped to build successful careers in China in media, marketing, communications, international business and other fields.
Candidates must be non-Chinese citizens, hold undergraduate degrees and in good health.
Candidates whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency, such as TOEFL (90 or higher), IELTS (6.5 or higher) or other proof of proficiency.
No Chinese language proficiency is required for the program.
For more requirements, please refer to the 2021 International Student (Master) Prospectus published by the International College of Zhejiang University at http://iczu.zju.edu.cn.
March 10, 2021
Application Process and Documents Required
- Step 1 Online Application
Complete and submit your online application at Zhejiang University Application & Admission System for International Student
- Step 2 Application Checklist
Please note: There is NO need for the delivery of hard copies of the application materials. Hard copies of the application materials will NOT be reviewed and further processed.
1. Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University, pasted with a recent photograph (white background,35mm×45mmin size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first (http://isinfosys.zju.edu.cn/recruit/login.shtml), then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
2. A photocopy of passport.
3. Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Academic transcripts during Bachelor’s degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. Photocopies of language proficiency certificates. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
6. Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
7. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter.)
8. Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
9. Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide GRE, NTS-GAT test score.
10. Applicant who has given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens shall provide the documents certifying the cancellation of Chinese nationality, according to the policy of Ministry of Education of the PRC.
11. If the applicant has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country, whose parents are both Chinese citizens, or one of the parents is a Chinese citizen, please provide
 documents certifying acquiring foreign citizenship at the time of birth;
 documents certifying parent’s (with Chinese citizenship) permanent residence in foreign country before the birth of applicants.
12. Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 800) (payment information）
- Step 3 Interview
ZIBS Admission Office will short-list applicants and determine who will be interviewed. Interviews will be held face-to-face or via video conference.
The tuition fee is 30,800 RMB per year.
ZIBS First Year Student Scholarship（5000-10000RMB）
The ZIBS First Year Student Scholarship is established to reward individuals with outstanding global leadership potential. It is open to all first-year international students.
The Scholarship will be paid to students monthly as a living allowance, starting one month after the student registration period. The scholarship will be disbursed over the period of one school year (10 months). Students are, however, required to pay the tuition in full upon registration.
Send soft copy of your application package, including application documents and ZIBS First Year Scholarship Application Form to email@example.com .
The scholarship offer will be determined based on the applicant’s: Academic Background (70%) + Interview Performance (30%)
The result will be announced by the end of June as well as stipulated in the Admission Letter.